Clan ex3m

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum of Woojs' Clan ex3m, the mapcreator of our all beloved game Horde vs Alliance

5 posters

About desync

XioNiDaS

About desync Empty About desync

Post  XioNiDaS Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Plz somebody tell me wtf is desync and why is that i got this 3/3 games right now? Evil or Very Mad
    Other games doesnt do this. At least VERY rarely.
    Why is this problem exist only in this game?
    What is this anyway? What can i/somebody else do about it?
    phamzap

About desync Empty Re: About desync

Post  phamzap Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 am

map is wrong coded/bugged, its fault of map creator
    WooJ
    WooJ

Post  WooJ Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:38 am

Kicked by desynce. Bot kicked because he check synchronisation, and when is desynchronisation he do it. Desynchronisation in game mean, for example i go left but other player seen i go right, it mean we play other game, bot check it and kick this players which playing not true game... The problem is why it happen ? Is planty other things which effect it... Wrong written triggers, mess and bugs with variables, many times used triggers which working every sec, commends 'wait' inside trigger can cause it, also players using poorly designed or very old hacks and cheats can sometimes cause desyncs.

I tried change the triggers and clean them from not needed variables, i used custom script for clean all used variables and delete them from memory... But desynce is still a nightmare on this map.

If someone have idea how to fight with it, all of we will be glad...
    iced26earth

Post  iced26earth Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:36 am

desync is the real pain of this map,you should really give your every effort on fixing that as first priority for the next version. btw,if you use bot you can adjust the synclimit to a max of 10000 packets but doesnt seem to help much,have anyone maybe noticed a spesific number which cause less desync if set??
    waidmanns___heil

Post  waidmanns___heil Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:41 pm

desync makes the map often unplayable, some day u play 7-8 games and cant finish a singel one since 3-4 ppl get droped by desync. its nice u are still working on this map but as iced26earth said in his post if u rly want to improve it u have to find the problems causing the desyncs.

as far as i know the original mapmaker gave up on this project and u kept on maintaining and improving it. thats why i wuld say either u or original mapmaker caused the triggers and stuff that will desync.
    did u already check all the stuff that was there before u took over the map? if u are sure its not ur stuff then mby recreate the things from old mapmaker.

and if u really have no idea where this is coming from ... the only way is to troubleshoot... remove some heroes with special skills that need 500 triggers and test if it still desyncs. hope u find some time to finally fix this annoying crap that makes me cry myself to sleep each night :d

WooJ
    WooJ

Post  WooJ Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:51 am

I maked this map... All triggers, objects, skills, rules and all other... wasnt nobody before me... If i good remeber MoiMoiMoi maked before X3 with other triggers, objects, rules, from his project left only land, trees and bridges, nothing else...
    waidmanns___heil

Post  waidmanns___heil Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:35 pm

haha sry dude i didnt mean to deny your work ... mby i confused some things but i read on the former homepage something about another mapmaker :d

anyway how about my idea to remove some of the stuff with tons of triggers and see if the map still desyncs

WooJ
    WooJ

Post  WooJ Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:13 am

Its alot of work... Cuz is planty of triggers, and here i recall that im looking for a help in mapmaking, cuz i have no much energy for handle it myself...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:32 am